tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1837219 - /tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/naming/LocalStrings.properties
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2018 10:45:38 GMT
Le 01/08/2018 à 12:36, Mark Thomas a écrit :

> For the benefit of the archives this change is correct but we do need to
> be careful.
>
> Any string that includes substitutions (i.e. {0}, {1}, etc.) requires
> that any ' characters are escaped as '' due to how MessageFormat.format
> behaves.

Yes that's what I'm reviewing currently. I've grepped extensively the
message files and found several inconsistencies, either messages with
parameter and single quotes, or messages without parameters and double
quotes. I wonder if code analysis tools like Findbugs can spot these
issues automatically.

Emmanuel Bourg