tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Read events suspend/resume logic in websocket impl to achieve backpressure
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2017 07:55:00 GMT
Hi Violeta,

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 8:55 PM, Violeta Georgieva <violetagg@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently JSR356 provides possibility to add message handlers in order to
> receive web socket
> messages but there is no way to instruct the web socket implementation to
> suspend for a while
> the incoming messages (backpressure) so that the application is able to
> process the already delivered messages.
> The other web containers (Jetty, Undertow) supports such functionality so I
> would like to introduce it in Tomcat.
> Here [1] I prepared one possible implementation.
>
> What do you think about this feature and the proposed implementation?

It think it would be better to create a Pull Request even if the work is
not complete.
This way others will be able to comment on the changes and everyone here at
dev@ will see the comments.
At the moment it is possible to comment on your commits (in your repo) but
then only you will receive the feedback.
With [2] it is much easier to see the whole diff but it is not possible to
comment on it.

> Regards,
> Violeta
> [1] https://github.com/violetagg/tomcat/commits/ws-suspend-resume