tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1712683 - in /tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/tomcat/jni: SSLExt.java socket/AprSocket.java socket/AprSocketContext.java socket/HostInfo.java
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 23:35:07 GMT

>> Author: kkolinko
>> Date: Wed Nov  4 23:08:35 2015
>> New Revision: 1712683

>> Log:
>> Remove SSLExt and related classes.
>>
>> SSLExt has a lot of native methods that are said to be implemented in
>> Tomcat Native trunk,
>> but actually there in no implementation code for them in current native
>> trunk.
>>

> This stuff in the "socket" folder is rather fun, it's an async IO
> implementation on top of APR. This is likely better than the direct APR use
> in the APR connector, but of course nobody is going to rewrite it at this
> point (I think). Obviously, I never tried this, so no idea if it *really*
> works, apparently some stuff is missing then.

Those SSLExt.sslSetMode() calls look as crucial to their
implementation (are executed when a socket is opened), so I removed
the classes as they cannot be compiled without SSLExt class being
present.

Searching my archives, they were originally added in
http://svn.apache.org/r1686276

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko