tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Wernersbach, Philip" <Philip.Wernersb...@ingramcontent.com>
Subject What API does the Tomcat DataSource Connection thread pool use to know a connection can be reused?
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 16:27:18 GMT
Hello All,

We are developing a JDBC driver that implements the JDBC API. Our driver works and we can
use it in servlets, but Tomcat doesn’t seem to know that the connections in the thread pool
can be reused, so after all of the connection slots in the thread pool are used, the servlets
hang trying to get a connection.

What API does the Tomcat DataSource Connection thread pool use to know a connection can be
reused? This is an API question, but our specific version of Tomcat is 8.0.24.

If this doesn’t belong in dev@tomcat.apache.org, then I apologize and please ignore. This
question is half way between a regular user question and a dev question, so I sent to both
lists.

Thanks,

Philip Wernersbach
Software Engineer