tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.51
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 14:38:53 GMT
> On 11/02/2014 11:42, Violeta Georgieva wrote:
>> The proposed Apache Tomcat 7.0.51 release is now available for voting.
>>
>> It can be obtained from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.51/
>> The Maven staging repo is:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1006/
>> The svn tag is:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_7_0_51/
>>
>> The proposed 7.0.51 release is:
>> [X] Broken - do not release
>> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 7.0.51 Stable
>
> I'm seeing TCK failures for the JSP TCK.
>
> The improved XML validation is highlighting an issue in the merged
> web.xml that gets passed to Jasper. It always declares a 3.0 (for Tomcat
> 7, 3.1 for Tomcat 8.0) schema but the actual version may be any from
> 2.2. to 3.0.
>
> The toXml() method of WebXml looks like it needs some work. I'm
> currently taking a look.

If you are really going to implement a valid descriptor for an old
version of the spec,
the root element may be not all that is there.

I see you also took care of metadata-complete=\"true\". OK.

The following also comes to mind:
<filter-mapping>, <servlet-mapping> in 2.4  do not support multiple
<url-pattern> elements.
 (Each pattern needs its own <**-mapping> element).

There might be some other options (inherited from the default
conf/web.xml)  that do not make sense in previous versions.

For the recored: the test suite (BIO,NIO,APR) completed successfully,
on Win7 using Java 6u45 32-bit.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko