tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.0.2
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 01:43:08 GMT
2014-02-07 Ognjen Blagojevic <ognjen.d.blagojevic@gmail.com>:
> On 6.2.2014 21:23, Mark Thomas wrote:
>>
>> - Update to the latest DBCP 2 snapshot
>
> (...)
>>
>> The proposed 8.0.2 release is:
>> [X] Broken - do not release
>>
>> [ ] Alpha  - go ahead and release as 8.0.2 (alpha)
>> [ ] Beta   - go ahead and release as 8.0.2 (beta)
>> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.0.2 (stable)
>

> (non-binding)
>
> All my webapps that are using DBCP2 are failing when I upgrade from 8.0.1 to
> 8.0.2.
>
> root cause
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.BasicDataSourceFactory
>
> It seems that the whole package org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2 is missing from
> lib/tomcat-dbcp.jar shipped with 8.0.2.

Thanks for the report!

[X] Broken - do not release

Should be fixed by
http://svn.apache.org/r1565512
(The classes are now there. I have not tested whether the pool itself works).

For the record, for 8.0.2:
Smoke testing OK.
Testsuite passed successfully BIO, NIO, APR,
on Win7 using 32-bit Java 7u51.

There is no digital signature on the Windows installer exe file
(neither there was any in 8.0.1).

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko