tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rémy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Git
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 10:18:14 GMT
2014/1/21 Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>

> On the down side:
> - there is much more potential to mess things up

Yes, I can help with that if you want :)

> - cleaning up is potentially more complex
> - the disruption of the move - particularly if we want to move to a
>   single git repo - could be significant
>

> Thoughts?

Risky, but it can be attempted. I'm not very familiar with the
infrastructure used though. git.apache.org is there already, it mirrors
svn, and it is then mirrored again in github ? The repo to do the commits
would then be git.apache.org ?

Since we're considering big changes, what about Maven too ? I'll spare you
the pros and cons.

Rémy