tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Remove svn:keywords in Tomcat 6, 7, 8.
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2014 13:40:55 GMT
Hi!

With so many people looking forward to Git [1] I think it is time to
remove svn keywords from our source files.

There are two things:
1) Remove $Id$ etc. lines from the files
2) Remove svn:keywords property
svn propdel svn:keywords --depth infinity

"1)" is motivated by lack of support for such properties in Git.
"2)" will make Subversion a bit faster by removing the need to scan
files for keywords.

Any objection to proceed with this?

I think this can also be applied to Tomcat 6.
Technically, all keywords are in comments, so it nearly qualifies for
CTR. Any objections here?

We had one hiccup during 6.0.38 release process due to $Id keyword
being present in build.properties.default file. [2] This change will
also fix that issue.

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/2nwguz3fpbjbppp5
[2] http://markmail.org/message/yclg6wsywsiixwpi

Best regards,