tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Context switch integration
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 20:50:32 GMT
On 22/01/2014 10:21, Mark Thomas wrote:

> I'll start again and address my primary concern - the duplicate code.
> The other aspects I'm happy to think about / discuss further with a view
> to possibly coming back to them later.

This is the sort of thing I was thinking about:
http://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/2014-01-22-tccl-tc8-v1.patch

It doesn't reduce the code as much as I had hoped.

It isn't complete but you get the idea of how all the class loader
binding/unbinding could move into the Context.

The main benefit is consistency. There is quite a variation in how class
loader binding/unbinding is done at the moment. I think, ultimately, it
will result in slightly less code.

What do folks think?

Mark