tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject BZ53814, Acrobat Reader workaround, "Can be removed after 26 June 2013"
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2014 18:40:33 GMT
When checking for copyright year updates etc. I found the following:

 80                         result.append(';');
 81                         // Workaround for Adobe Read 9 plug-in on IE bug
 82                         // Can be removed after 26 June 2013 (EOL of
Reader 9)
 83                         // See BZ 53814
 84                         result.append(' ');
 85                         result.append(entry.getKey());
 86                         result.append('=');
 87                         result.append(value);

in file java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/parser/MediaType.java.

That date has passed, but of course Acrobat Reader is very popular and
EOL is only the formal part of the argument. I guess we can risk
removing the "result.append(' ');" line tight now from TC 8 and keep it
a bit longer in TC 7?

Regards,

Rainer