tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <>
Subject Re: New JDBC SessionManager for non sticky-sessions
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 13:19:23 GMT
On Dec 10, 2013, at 6:34 AM, "Spielmann, Simon" <> wrote:

> Hello together,
> we developed a custom JDBC SessionManager which supports non sticky-sessions.
> Is there interest in including this in the official tomcat distribution?

Can you tell us more?  Some questions coming to mind…

  - What motivated you to develop this?
  - How does it work? How does it integrate with Tomcat?
  - Have you performance / load tested it?  If so, with what results?
  - What databases does it support?  What tables does it need setup to work?
  - What benefits does it offer other than not requiring sticky sessions? or is that the main
  - Can I use it with sticky sessions or would that break it / defeat the purpose?
  - How is it different than using a persistent manager with JDBC based store?

  - Is the source posted some where?  So anyone curious could try it out?
  - Are there installation instructions?

> Kind Regards
> Simon

To unsubscribe, e-mail: