tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 8.0.x / 7.0.x progress
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 19:39:20 GMT
On 02/10/2013 18:28, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 01/10/2013 19:39, Mark Thomas wrote:

All the other issues I am aware of have been resolved.

>> The fairly frequent (5%-10%) failure rate of TestCoyoteOutputStream
>> still needs to be addressed.
>
> This appears to impact all connectors so at this point it is unlikely a
> tomcat native change would be required.

I've tracked down the root cause of this. The logic that triggers the
first onWritePossible() and dataAvailable() events after setting the
non-blcoking write/read listeners does not take account of the fact that
the listeners may be set on a non-container thread.

Also, in the test case the application code writes / reads without
waiting for these events.

I have a partial fix for this but I want to wait until I have the whole fix.

Mark