tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "ReleaseProcess" by KonstantinKolinko
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2013 22:43:51 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "ReleaseProcess" page has been changed by KonstantinKolinko:
https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/ReleaseProcess?action=diff&rev1=5&rev2=6

Comment:
Note the order of announcements and updating the KEYS file.

  Notes:
   * GPG should be configured to use your Apache code signing key by default
-  * I always ensured {{{c:/temp/libs}}} was empty so that the buildhad to download all the
dependencies
+  * I always ensured {{{c:/temp/libs}}} was empty so that the build had to download all the
dependencies

  == Upload the release ==

@@ -61, +61 @@

  == If the vote passes ==

   * {{{ svn mv https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.XX https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.XX}}}
+  * {{{ svn checkout --depth immediates https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomcat/tomcat-7/
}}}<<BR>> and update the {{{KEYS}}} file there to be the same as the one used
for release. (The download page has links pointing to this file).
   * Release the Maven artifacts (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/trunk/res/maven/README.txt
step 4)
   * Wait for the mirrors to sync (upto 24 hours depending on what percentage of the mirrors
you want to sync)
-  * Update the website (e.g. http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1500109)
+  * Update the website (e.g. http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1500109)
<<BR>>Note: the index and oldnews pages are sorted by date. Thus the new announcement
pops up to the top of the page.
   * Update the docs (see http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/site/trunk/README.txt)
   * Announce the release (e.g. http://markmail.org/message/xyantb3ozzmucdjt) to users@t.a.o,
cc dev@t.a.o, announce@t.a.o, announce@a.o
   * Update the release date in the changelog to the date the files were copied to the the
release area in yyyy-dd-mm format