tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Preißer <>
Subject RE: svn commit: r1531680 - /tomcat/tc7.0.x/trunk/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/web.xml
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2013 15:26:43 GMT

OK, thank you.
The reason I changed the metadata-complete to "false" is that otherwise with Tomcat 7, the
"EchoEndpoint" and "DrawboardEndpoint" would not be deployed so these examples would not work.
In Tomcat 8 the examples Webapp has metadata-complete="false" so I thought it would be as
simple to make the same change in Tomcat7's example web.xml.
I guess when setting metadata-complete="true", one would have to add the two WsConfigListeners
to the web.xml, but I guess that would not fix the failures.

> Implementing a ServerEndpointConfig and letting the SCI deploy it would
> be an alternative option.

I'm sorry as I do not have enough knowledge of the various servlet specs to fix this correctly
- are you able to do it?

Konstantin Preißer

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: