tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Preißer <kpreis...@apache.org>
Subject RE: svn commit: r1528631 - /tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/tomcat-docs.xsl
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 21:35:08 GMT
Hi,

The previous version seemed to use the <project> tree that is loaded from project.xml
by the "&project;" entity that is placed on top of the <document>:

<document url="monitoring.html">

  &project;

  <properties>
    <title>Monitoring and Managing Tomcat</title>
  </properties>
[...]

Which is declared in the doctype:

<!DOCTYPE document [
  <!ENTITY project SYSTEM "project.xml">
]>

However, Firefox and IE didn't seem to load the content from "project.xml", so when viewing
changelog.xml (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml) the
LHS menu, project title etc. were not visible.

When using the $project variable (which is filled with the tree from project.xml by XSLT via
document() function), then everything works.

Does somebody know why that &project; entity did not work in such browsers? I do not have
such detailed knowledge of XML - how is this entity supposed to work? E.g. when I open a file
like monitoring.xml in Tomcat docs then the XML tree shown by the browser does not contain
a <project> element.

Regards,
Konstantin Preißer