tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1521594 [1/16] - in /tomcat/site/trunk: docs/ docs/images/ docs/stylesheets/ xdocs/images/ xdocs/stylesheets/
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 14:05:16 GMT
2013/9/11 Konstantin Prei├čer <verlag.preisser@t-online.de>:
> Hi Christopher,

to refresh the look of the site a bit - but there is still a lot of room for improvement.
;)

> However, for improving the HTML markup, I orientated on current HTML5 standards [1],
like using the new HTML5 doctype (but due to the old XSLT implementation, it has to be the
"legacy-compat" one); using new tags like header, main, footer, time and so on; using data-*
attributes for JS (and removing discouraged "document.write()"); not using HTML markup for
presentational purposes; etc. So from the markup side, it should reflect the current HTML
5.1 (W3) spec from 2013. :)

The header/main/footer tags are not in HTML 5.

They are in 5.1 which is not a spec yet, just a draft. I think it is
too early to use them.

> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html51/

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko