tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Williams <nicho...@nicholaswilliams.net>
Subject Where to put a helper class for test?
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 17:31:16 GMT
Mark,

I'm working on revisions to my patch for BZ 55317 based on your feedback. In this feedback
you said:

> 5. I'm not a fan of the org.apache.tomcat.unittest package unless the classes concerned
are going to be used by multiple tests across multiple packages.

I put org.apache.tomcat.unittest.weaving.NeverUsedClass and org.apache.tomcat.unittest.weaving.UnweavedClass
in this package because it seemed like a location that "helper" classes were being placed
for other tests. However, I see your point about them only being used for one class. Should
I just put these classes in org.apache.catalina.loader, the same package that TestWebappClassLoaderWeaving
is in?

Thanks,

Nick