tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: Possible IIS SPDY Redirector for Tomcat
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 15:19:02 GMT
Konstantin,

On 9/28/13 1:40 PM, Konstantin Prei├čer wrote:
> Contra:
> - Worse performance than the native ISAPI redirector. I made a test by a Servlet that
produces 700 MB of random data, and on a separate machine I used a program to make a HTTP
request and read the data. The average transfer speed was  ~ 98 MByte/s, and the IIS worker
process had around 50% CPU usage, whereas Jetty had only 12 %.

How good of a C# programmer are you? Perhaps you could have someone else
look at it to make sure you aren't doing something that has obvious
performance drawbacks (e.g. using an un-buffered stream often results in
a kernel call for each byte of data to be transferred).

-chris