tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject JK support for IPV6
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 07:31:19 GMT
Hi,

I'll be working on IPV6 support for mod_jk so hopefully we'll have
a working solution next week.

There is a patch in that direction (bz #44290) but it has few problems.
Patch removes using APR, but that's easily solvable.
However major question is how to preserve existing configuration
backward compatibility where IPV4 is favored over IPV6.

In part of comment to #44290 I gave two options

a) Have a new worker attribute
    worker.name.hostname6 = ....
b) Use double colon in front of hostname
    worker.name.hostame = ::my-ipv6-server

For numeric hostnames that easy by just parsing
hexadecimal + colon for IPV6 and decimal + dot for IPV6

WDYT?

Next, do we need something for java side? Are the java connectors
capable of listening to IPV6 addresses?

Regards
--
^TM