tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Preißer <verlag.preis...@t-online.de>
Subject RE: svn commit: r1521594 [1/16] - in /tomcat/site/trunk: docs/ docs/images/ docs/stylesheets/ xdocs/images/ xdocs/stylesheets/
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 13:56:47 GMT
Hi Christopher,

Do you mean the design or the markup? :)

If you mean the design, I agree - I'm more a programmer than a designer and just wanted to
refresh the look of the site a bit - but there is still a lot of room for improvement. ;)

However, for improving the HTML markup, I orientated on current HTML5 standards [1], like
using the new HTML5 doctype (but due to the old XSLT implementation, it has to be the "legacy-compat"
one); using new tags like header, main, footer, time and so on; using data-* attributes for
JS (and removing discouraged "document.write()"); not using HTML markup for presentational
purposes; etc. So from the markup side, it should reflect the current HTML 5.1 (W3) spec from
2013. :)

Regards,
Konstantin Preißer

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html51/