tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1509847 - in /tomcat/trunk/java/javax/websocket: DefaultClientEndpointConfig.java server/DefaultServerEndpointConfig.java
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2013 08:41:12 GMT
Martin Grigorov <mgrigorov@apache.org> wrote:
>Hi Mark,
>
>Thanks for the fix!
>
>On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM, <markt@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Author: markt
>> Date: Fri Aug  2 20:28:12 2013
>> New Revision: 1509847

>> Log:
>> Use the same Map implementation for user properties to prevent
>> implementation conflicts
>>
>> Modified:
>>
>tomcat/trunk/java/javax/websocket/DefaultClientEndpointConfig.java
>>

>tomcat/trunk/java/javax/websocket/server/DefaultServerEndpointConfig.java
>>

>Is it OK to change the JSR API jars ?

For the sake of clarity, that code is not a copy of the implementation from the EG. It is
a clean room implementation of the same API. Therefore we are free to change it as long as
the API is in unchanged and functionality is consistent with the spec.

>The change is binary compatible per se, but I wonder whether such
>changes
>in classes would not lead to different behavior in different web
>containers.

The Java WebSocket spec just says Map. It does not fix discuss nulls or thread safety. That
is perhaps something that should be clarified in the spec. Please raise a Jira issue against
the spec for this.

Mark