tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: Time for 7.0.43? Looking for a new release manager
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 04:19:36 GMT
2013/8/6 Mark Thomas <>:
> On 06/08/2013 06:40, Violeta Georgieva wrote:
>> 2013/8/1 Mark Thomas wrote:
>>> All,
>>> Continuing the roughly monthly release cycle for 7.0.x, it is the start
>>> of a new month and time for another release.
>>> The open 7.0.x bugs have been fixed so 7.0.x/trunk should be in a
>>> suitable state for tagging.
>>> I'd like to free up some more time for Tomcat 8 so I am therefore
>>> looking to hand over the role of release manager for 7.0.x to another
>>> committer.
>> I would like to be a release manager for 7.0.x.
> Fantastic.
> Feel free to make as much or as little use of this:
> If anything isn't clear, let me know.

The following is missing:

1. At which point in time the Maven artifacts are being released from
the staging repository, and how?

I guess you do it it shortly after "svn mv dev->release", a day before
the announcement.
3 - include the repository in the VOTE thread
4 - in release it

I think 4 actually releases the artifacts. (Thus a step is missing:
wait for the vote to pass).

2. Bump version number preparing for the next release.

3. Add release date to changelog.xml
(The same date as in announcement at

4. Add version number in Bugzilla.

Best regards,