tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consider support for the Servlet profile of JSR 196 (JASPIC) in Tomcat 7.0.x
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 23:02:16 GMT

On Aug 14, 2013, at 2:25 AM, Arjan Tijms <arjan.tijms@gmail.com> wrote:

> markt wrote
>> No-one said it would be difficult. TomEE has already done it. We'd just
>> need to lift the code. Difficulty really doesn't come into it. If there
>> is a demand for it, it will get implemented. If there isn't, it won't.
>
> Thanks, that's clear!
>
> Btw, didn't you mean Geronimo there, or really TomEE? Last time I checked
> TomEE didn't have JASPIC implemented yet, but Geronimo of course has.

Right, the code David J wrote some time ago is in Geronimo.  If you wanted to roll up your
sleeves, we'd be more than happy to see it ported or reimplemented in TomEE.

It's a Full Profile requirement and there has been user-demand for seeing TomEE+ be full profile
compliant.  Something we'd never have done in EE 6 with JAX-RPC and other horrific legacy,
but much of that is dropped in EE 7 Full Profile.

-David