tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: Need guidance for writing unit tests for 55317
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 17:58:46 GMT

On 8/20/13 1:47 PM, Nick Williams wrote:
> On Aug 20, 2013, at 12:41 PM, Christopher Schultz wrote:
>> Nick,
>> On 8/20/13 1:25 PM, Christopher Schultz wrote:
>>> tcnative can be built on Max OS X like this:
>>> $ cd $CATALINA_HOME/bin
>>> $ tar xzf tomcat-native.tar.gz
>>> $ cd tomcat-native-*-src/jni/native
>>> $ ./configure --with-apr=/usr/bin/apr-1-config --with-ssl
>>> --with-java-home=`/usr/libexec/java_home`
>>> At this point, configure chokes on my system because it's trying to find
>>> 'cc' under and I'm not sure where it's sniffing that directory
>>> base from. Maybe you'll have better luck. I'll reply if I figure it out.
>> Okay, it seems that apr-1-config is giving the wrong path for 'cc' to
>> configure. I'm investigating…
> I don't have a particular need to build this, especial not on Mac OS X right now. I'm
working in Windows 7.
> My remaining original concern was the best approach for weaving byte code in Tomcat's
unit tests, which I detailed in an earlier message.

Good point. You don't need to run any tests that use any connectors at
all, really. So if you just use -Dtest.entry that should basically solve
all your problems :)

In case you want to run the entire test suite but don't want to get APR
failures, you can also set -Dexecute.test.apr=false and it will skip all
the APR tests.

View raw message