tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache Tomcat 8.0.0-RC1
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 20:56:03 GMT
On 05/08/2013 19:44, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> The proposed 8.0.0-RC1 release is:
>> [ ] Broken - do not release
>> [ ] Alpha - go ahead and release as 8.0.0-RC1 alpha
> Alpha - binding:     markt, remm, violetagg, jboynes, yoavs, rjung,
>                      olamy
>         non-binding: Ognjen Blagojevic, Nick Williams
> No other votes were cast. The vote therefore passes.
> As a new major version it will probably take a little bit longer to get
> all the various bits into place for this release. I'll start that shortly.

The site has been updated with the various parts required for a new
major release (security, migration, download, docs, navigation, which
version etc.) but I haven't posted the release announcement yet to give
the remaining mirrors time to sync up.

I'm aiming to post the release announcement sometime tomorrow.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message