tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "ReleaseProcess" by markt
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 12:42:58 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "ReleaseProcess" page has been changed by markt:
https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/ReleaseProcess?action=diff&rev1=1&rev2=2

Comment:
Fix formatting. Add remaining sections to complete.

  == Create the tag ==
  The aim is to create a copy of the current trunk but without the "-dev" appended to the
end of the version number.
   * Perform an svn checkout of tc7.0.x/trunk (e.g. to 7.0.x-release)
+  * Edit 7.0.x-release/build.properties and change the line {{{version.suffix=-dev}}} to
{{{version.suffix=}}}
-  * Edit 7.0.x-release/build.properties to remove the "-dev" from the version number
- {{{
- version.suffix=
- }}}
-  * svn cp . https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_7_0_XX
+  * {{{svn cp . https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_7_0_XX}}}
   * Check the diff mailed to the dev list
- I found it simplest to keep this checkout with the modified build.properties.default and
just do an svn up prior to each tag. I only used the checkout for tagging to ensure no other
edits found their way into the tag.
+ I found it simplest to keep this checkout with the modified {{{build.properties.default}}}
and just do an {{{svn up}}} prior to each tag. I only used the checkout for tagging to ensure
no other edits found their way into the tag.

+ == Build the release ==
+
+ TBD
+