tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [taglibs] Site plans
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 10:04:09 GMT
Apologize for delayed response.

2013/6/26 Jeremy Boynes <jboynes@apache.org>:
> On Jun 25, 2013, at 7:54 AM, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Help much appreciated - but do we want all the content of all the modules
>> to be there?
>>
>> It feels to me that the website does not map directly to the codebase. We
>> want an overall site, and subsites for Standard and for RDC. We don't want
>> to have the 14 pom.xmls become a site structure, or the 4 pom.xmls
>> (tld-generator and extended).
>
> Three mini-sites sounds good: a top-level one holding things together and then sub-sites
for standard and RDC. Is there a way to associate the top-level one with the parent POM and
the others with the "root" poms in standard and rdc? That would match with the things that
are likely to be released (being all "standard" packages together, or all "rdc" packages together,
but not both at the same time). Do we still need an aggregator pom as well - how about setting
up separate CI jobs for "standard" and "rdc"?

Coud be possible but do you want to deploy sites from tagged modules
versions ? (I presume yes).
In such case that will changed a bit as all modules will be in a
different svn path.

> From the "standard" side, how about killing the separate "doc" "examples" and "standard-test"
modules, rolling the documentation and examples into the site and the test cases into unit
or integration tests in the individual modules?

Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au