tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Violeta Georgieva <miles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1501719 - in /tomcat/trunk: java/javax/el/ResourceBundleELResolver.java test/javax/el/TestResourceBundleELResolver.java
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 12:00:10 GMT
2013/7/10 Mark Thomas wrote:

> On 10/07/2013 12:11, violetagg@apache.org wrote:
> > Author: violetagg
> > Date: Wed Jul 10 11:11:23 2013
> > New Revision: 1501719

> > Log:
> > javax.el.ResourceBundleELResolver:
> > According to javadoc:
> > 1. When creating FeatureDescriptors shortDescription must be empty
string
> > 2. isReadOnly returns true only if the base is instance of
ResourceBundle
> > Unit tests are added
>
> No objection to the commit but I am going to be picky. It doesn't matter
> in this case but there might be other cases where it does - hence why I
> want to highlight this issue.
>
> With reference to point 2 in the commit message, the specification
> language doesn't say that exactly.
>
> It states:
> <quote>
> If the base object is not null and an instanceof ResourceBundle, return
> true.
> Returns: if the propertyResolved property of ELContext was set to true,
> then true; otherwise undefined.
> </quote>
>
> If the first sentence in the quote above was "If and only if the
> base..." then point 2 in the commit message would be valid.

The ResourceBunldeELResolver does not specify when propertyResolved  is set
to true in isReadOnly, but its parent (ELResolver) has
"
If this resolver handles the given (base, property) pair, the
propertyResolved property of the ELContext object must be set to true by
the resolver, before returning.
"

Then we have in ResourceBunldeELResolver
"
This resolver handles base objects of type java.util.ResourceBundle
Returns: if the propertyResolved property of ELContext was set to true,
then true ...
"

Doesn't that mean "if and only if"?