tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: javax.el.ListELResolver.isReadOnly
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 14:23:29 GMT
2013/7/10 Violeta Georgieva <>:
> Hi,
> In the javadoc it is not described that the method throws IAE when the
> property cannot be coerced into an integer. Moreover it is specified that
> the property will be ignored by the resolver:
> "
> property - The index of the element in the list to return the acceptable
> type for. Will be coerced into an integer, but otherwise ignored by this
> resolver.
> "
> Should we return the corresponding readOnly result and not throw IAE?

If it is a non-integer property, just ignore it.

For example, in Javascript a list has both indexes and a "length"
property. The "length" property should be silently ignored by
ListELResolver. It is the task of other resolvers (e.g.
BeanELResolver) to handle it.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail: