tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject 8.0.0 (was: 8.0-SNAPSHOT updated)
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2013 16:42:25 GMT
2013/7/18 Mark Thomas <>:
> Given recent progress, I have uploaded a snapshot of the current state
> of trunk to the Maven snapshot repository. Note that our Maven builds
> include full binary distributions (.zip & .tar.gz) so if folks want to
> test the latest Tomcat 8, they can without having to build from svn.
> The snapshot repo is here:
> and the binaries can be found here:
> I think we are at the point where we could do a 8.0.0-alpha release. The
> specs (Servlet 3.1, JSP 2.3, EL 3.0, WebSocket 1.0) are all implemented.
> There is still work to do to review the EG disucssions that covered
> various edge cases / things not in the spec to align the implementation
> with what the EG agreed was best practice but didn't make it into the spec.
> Any objections to starting the 8.0.0 release process?

What do we do with DBCP?

a) There will be a new release in Apache Commons

b) Require "patch" tool as prerequisite
(It needs to be explicitly installed and configured on Windows)

c) Make DBCP optional,  e.g. introduce "skip.dbcp" property like
existing "skip.installer" one.

d) Drop DBCP pool

I am currently using a variant of "c)" by setting ""
(thus fooling an up-to-date check), but an explicit and documented
property would be better.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail: