tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Can anyone provide history for something in JspC?
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 18:09:32 GMT
This snippet from initClassLoader()
>         // What is this ??
>         urls.add(new File(
>                 clctxt.getRealPath("/")).getCanonicalFile().toURI().toURL());
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/jasper/JspC.java?view=markup#l1505

It's in the original import into SVN and I don't know where CVS is any more. It seems to be
adding the root of the web application into JspC's webapp ClassLoader but I don't think why
it would do that as that should not be on the classpath.

I would like to remove this to remove any dependency on the JspCompilationContext so I can
refactor initialization of the ClassLoader into JspCServletContext and create the ClassLoader
once per run rather than create a new one for each file.