tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1503056 - in /tomcat/trunk: java/org/apache/el/ java/org/apache/el/parser/ test/org/apache/el/parser/
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 15:02:51 GMT
On 16/07/2013 15:39, Violeta Georgieva wrote:
> 2013/7/16 Mark Thomas wrote:

>> Do you have an example of a valid expression that needs multiple method
>> arguments? I'll try and come up with one. If I can't I'll change the
>> grammar and re-generate.
> What about
> (x->y->x+y)(a)(b)
> in the spec it is said that
> "x->y->x+y is parsed as x->(y->x+y)"

I dug into the change history of the grammar used in the spec. The
example you quote above is indeed the style of invocation that triggered
a change from '?' to '*'.

Modifying your example a little, consider this:

Is the result +1 or -1? I don't recall anything in the spec that defines
which it is. I need to re-read the spec and I hope I've missed
something. Failing that, I'll have to dig through the reference
implementation to figure out what the intended behaviour is.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message