tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject SNAPSHOT of taglibs standard 1.2 updated - call for testing
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2013 19:26:10 GMT
In anticipation of a release of standard  1.2, I have deployed a new version to Apache's snapshot
Maven repository:
  http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/

I have run this version through the TCK and it passes but have not had a chance to test it
against real-world applications. I'd like to make a call out for pre-release testers who would
be willing to report any issues they may find in real applications.

To use this version, the following POM fragment will pull in the dependencies needed to use
tags from JSTL 1.1 and later.
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>org.apache.taglibs</groupId>
>             <artifactId>taglibs-standard-spec</artifactId>
>             <version>1.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
>         </dependency>
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>org.apache.taglibs</groupId>
>             <artifactId>taglibs-standard-impl</artifactId>
>             <version>1.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
>         </dependency>

This also supports JSTL 1.0-rt tags. If you use JSTL 1.0 non-rt tags you will also need to
add an additional dependency on taglibs-standard-jstlel to bring in the original JSTL EL engine.

If you use the XML tags, you will also need add a dependency on Apache Xalan 2.7.1 (xalan-2.7.1.jar
and serializer-2.7.1.jar).

If you find any problems or things that could be improved, please open an issue in Bugzilla:
  https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Taglibs

If no major problems are found I will aim to release 1.2.0 later this month.
Cheers
Jeremy