tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: mod_jk, JSESSION_ID and load-balancing
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:20:02 GMT
Henri,

On 6/25/13 2:33 AM, Henri Gomez wrote:
>> Henri,
>> This sounds more like a question for the users list. Cross-posting to
>> re-locate. See more below...
>

> I used dev list because question was also about updating mod_jk code.
>
>> Is is important to retain the original JSESSIONID, or do you only want
>> to retain the jvmRoute information? I would think you'd want both.
>
> jvmRoute should be kept in JSESSIONID as mod_jk load-balancing use it to
> dispatch requests to proper Tomcat :)

Of course! But it sounded like both Tomcat and Shiro generate a
JSESSIONID but you were only worried about Tomcat's /jvmRoute/ (and not
the rest of the session). I'm assuming that you want to maintain both
session ids simultaneously.

Assuming you want to retain both at the client, why not simply change
the name of the cookie for Tomcat (or Shiro)?

-chris