tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Timeline for beginning EL 3.0 implementation?
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 20:36:42 GMT
On 11/06/2013 21:29, Nick Williams wrote:
> I was looking through EE 7 and the changes to trunk in the last six
> months or so and realized that no work had yet been done to implement
> EL 3.0. Does anyone know what the anticipated timeline is for
> beginning work on EL 3.0?

When I've finished the Servlet 3.1 and WebSocket 1.0 implementations or
someone else decides to start on it.

The basic implementations are done. I'm currently reviewing the changes
in the spec checking that everything is implemented. That will be
followed by reviewing the various EG discussions on the bits the spec
doesn't cover very well.

Once all that is done I was thinking about some form of alpha release
before starting work on the EL stuff.

> I don't even know who the EL expert(s) on
> the Tomcat project is(are).

The original developer moved on to other things shortly after completing
the implementation.

I did most of the EL 2.2 implementation.

Mark