tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Where to put proposals for tcnative?
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 21:06:29 GMT
On 06.06.2013 22:54, Rainer Jung wrote:
> On 06.06.2013 19:56, Christopher Schultz wrote:
>> Rainer,
>>
>> On 6/6/13 1:32 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
>>> On 06.06.2013 18:22, Christopher Schultz wrote:
>
>>> Proposals mostly for the C files probably make sense in a STATUS file
>>> here if they are backports from native trunk.
>>
>> I was going to make a C-language proposal.
>>
>> I can't seem to get "configure" to work in trunk because some macros
>> aren't working properly (see below), so I've been working in the 1.1.x
>> branch.
>
> See below below :)
>
>> PS Here's what I get when trying to build tcnative-trunk:
>
> ... snip ...
>
> configure.in was broken as was the new java detection macro. Hopefully
> fixed in the last two commits. "svn up" and there you go.

I should also warn you: native trunk is not in good shape. Many C files
are behind the 1.1 ones. trunk was created for some new features and
increased APR minimum version

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-dev/200810.mbox/%3C48E6302B.7060704@kippdata.de%3E

but later lots of changes were applied directly to 1.1 and trunk was
forgotten. See the January 2013 discussion thread on tcnative. The clean
up for the native c files didn't happen.

Regards,

Rainer