tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: Automatic deployment changes
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 08:59:43 GMT
On 21/05/2013 23:42, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> Finally trying to find some time to review this...
> 1) Is there an intent to put [4] into some version-controlled place?
> E.g. webapps/docs/architecture/ ?
> Or essentials of it will be included as part of config/context.html ?
> I see some rows from the tables are copied as comments into

Yes it will be included somewhere. I'm not exactly sure where yet. I
think some re-organising of the documentation will be required.

> 2) A pair of typos:
> s/ content.xml / [appname].xml / (or at least context.xml)
> s/ Redploy / Redeploy /

Thanks. Fixed.

> 3) It is possible to deploy a context by specifying it in server.xml.
> I think such a context can be a allowed to reload, but it would be bad
> to autoredeploy it (one should place such webapp outside of appbase).
> What happens with it if ${catalina.base}/conf/context.xml is touched?

I need to do some testing with this.

> 4) I am a bit missing a legend for the tables.
> The first table lists what artifacts (XML, WAR, DIR) are present in
> every scenario?

I've tried to clarify it. The order was. Starting point, settings, result.

> 5) There exists "unpackWAR" attribute on a Context, which is not mentioned here.

There are some tests for that. I'm planning on adding an equivalent
context setting for copyXML to address one of the use cases from the
users list.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message