tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1484409 - in /tomcat/trunk: ./ res/ide-support/netbeans/ webapps/docs/
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 09:19:08 GMT
On 21/05/2013 09:48, Brian Burch wrote:
> With respect to the three XSDs referenced in my project.xml, these urls
> all return 404 Not Found status. (I forget how many years ago I first
> discovered this).

That will be because they are URIs, not URLs.

If you want to get a copy, add ".xsd" to the end of the URI. That isn't
a general rule but seems to work for these XSDs.

> While researching some of the problems I had developing a design for
> tomcat that actually worked, I found other people who had similar
> problems with their own Free Form projects. I never got to the bottom of
> it, but I formed the distinct impression that NetBeans has its own
> internal xml parser for these files, and it doesn't always work the way
> one might expect.

NetBeans will have local copies of those XSDs and will use a resolver
knows where they are - much like Tomcat has local copies of the XSDs
used by web.xml and uses those local copies when validating input.

Mark