tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: OT: How do I subscribe to the Tomcat Dev/User lists with my address?
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 23:37:23 GMT

On 5/14/13 6:35 PM, Nick Williams wrote:
> I recently became a committer on the Logging project and thus I now have an
address. Since it's a forwarding address, I'm having it forward to my Google Apps email address
(the address I'm sending from now).
> I'd like to subscribe to the Tomcat Dev and User lists with my address. I've
set up my address as an additional "From" address in GMail. If I send an email
from GMail to my $work address and select my address is my from address, it shows
up as "from" my address when I receive the email on the other end. But when I
tried to subscribe by sending an email from my address to,
it replied that my GMail address was already subscribed.
> Does anyone have any experience with this? How do you subscribe your addresses?

You have to configure your address as a /sender/ and not
just a recipient. Basically, your email client needs to have an account

Or you could just do what I do and not bother with using the
on the mailing lists.

View raw message