tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Automatic deployment changes
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 12:54:55 GMT
There have been a few queries [1], [2] recently and there is a long
standard enhancement request [3] regarding automatic deployment.

What has made changes in this area difficult in the past is a) a lack of
a clear definition as to what the expected behaviour is and b) a lack of
test cases to validate that behaviour.

In an attempt to improve the situation, I have tried to document a
proposed expected behaviour [4]. There may be some deviations from the
current behaviour and support for fixing BZ 51294 is new. I hope to
start implementing some test cases for [4] soon. Before I do, any
feedback on the proposed expected behaviour?

I haven't looked in detail at the existing code yet. The proposal may
need tweaking to minimise the deviation from the current behaviour.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message