tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.36
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 01:02:05 GMT
2013/2/4 Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 7.0.36 release is now available for voting.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.36/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-194/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_7_0_36/
>
> The proposed 7.0.36 release is:
> [x] Broken - do not release
> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 7.0.36 Stable

Testing running as a Windows service, when I tried to restart the
service, a "commons-daemon.<date>.log" file started to grow rapidly,
gaining gygabytes in a matter of seconds.

Filed as
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAEMON-276

Other than this commons daemon issue, everything else seems OK.

Tested on WinXP using JDK 6u39 32-bit,

Running testsuite on WinXP using JDK 6u39 32-bit with BIO,NIO,APR
(Tomcat-Native 1.1.24). -- All tests pass except "testTimerThreadLeak"
test in TestWebappClassLoaderExecutorMemoryLeak that failed once. It
happened before and is not a stopper.

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: null
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.TestWebappClassLoaderExecutorMemoryLeak.testTimerThreadLeak(TestWebappClassLoaderExecutorMemoryLeak.java:72)

Verified that Jasper Ant task works.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko