tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Time for Taglibs to be sent to the archive?
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2013 20:09:19 GMT
On Jan 29, 2013, at 11:56 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> My interpretation was that a product must pass the TCK in all its configurations. In
other words, you can't claim compatibility on Java7 unless you've tested on Java7. If we test
on Java7 and pass, we can claim we're a compatible implementation in that mode; if we don't
test on Java5 then we can't claim compatibility on Java5 but that does not stop us being compatible
on Java7. I read it as being sufficient if we document what we require as a resource.

> @Henri, I ran all tests on Java6 and have not tried SQL on Java7. I'll pull the newer
version and retest.

I pulled the newer TCK and the current trunk revision passes all tests.

Although the newer version says it was updated for Java7, the test harness does not compile
due to JDBC issues. There are a couple of utility classes that were fixed to work with 1.6
but which do not support the methods added in 1.7. Rather than patch them, I built the tests
using 1.6 and ran them with 1.6 and 1.7.

I tested the following configurations:
Server                    Harness
Tomcat 6.0.35/Java 1.6    Java 1.6
Tomcat 6.0.35/Java 1.7    Java 1.6
Tomcat 7.0.35/Java 1.7    Java 1.6
Tomcat 7.0.35/Java 1.7    Java 1.7
All tests pass in all configurations.

OS: Mac OS X 10.7.5
DB: derby-10.6.1.0
Apache JSTL jars:
  taglibs-standard-spec-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
  taglibs-standard-impl-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
  taglibs-standard-jstlel-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
  xalan-2.7.1.jar
  serializer-2.7.1.jar

The signature tests are no longer built and run from the top level. They pass if run on Java
1.6 but there is no signature file for running them on 1.7.