tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "HowTo" by KonstantinKolinko
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2013 23:16:36 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "HowTo" page has been changed by KonstantinKolinko:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo?action=diff&rev1=131&rev2=132

Comment:
Remove dead link. (The target site is occupied by a squatter).

   * Use your IDE to connect to Tomcat through port 1044

- If Eclipse happens to be your IDE of choice, you can get more information at [[http://www.jacoozi.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=119&Itemid=134|Remote
Debugging with Eclipse (Jacoozi Article)]]. For IntelliJ IDEA you choose a remote debug target
and set transport to "socket" and mode to "attach" , then you specify the host (127.0.0.1)
and port (1044)
+ For IntelliJ IDEA you choose a remote debug target and set transport to "socket" and mode
to "attach" , then you specify the host (127.0.0.1) and port (1044)
+
+ See also:  [[FAQ/Developing]]

  == How do I check whether Tomcat is UP or DOWN? There is no status command ==
  Unfortunately, the `org.apache.catalina.util.ServerInfo` class does not determine if Tomcat
is UP or DOWN. It is possible to do an HTTP GET on the root url but this is not accurate.
In my case I sometimes use a regular Apache HTTPd to display a maintainence message while
upgrading, etc. and using that method would give false positives.