tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "FAQ/Class_Not_Found" by KonstantinKolinko
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 00:24:40 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "FAQ/Class_Not_Found" page has been changed by KonstantinKolinko:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Class_Not_Found?action=diff&rev1=13&rev2=14

Comment:
Correct file names.

  This page discusses the various ways you see Class Not Found errors or very similar errors.
It is strongly advised you read the following topics:

-   * Classloader HOWTO pages:  [[http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html|Tomcat
7.0]], [[http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html|Tomcat 6.0]], [[http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html|Tomcat
5.5]].
+   * Classloader HOWTO pages:  [[http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html|Tomcat
7.0]], [[http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html|Tomcat 6.0]].
    * [[http://marc.info/?t=104317529200004&r=1&w=2|Don't]] [[http://marc.info/?t=104380440100003&r=1&w=2|use]]
[[http://marc.info/?t=96947656900002&r=1&w=2|packageless]] [[http://marc.info/?t=104491020100002&r=1&w=2|classes]]
[[http://marc.info/?t=104265576200003&r=1&w=2|and]] [[http://marc.info/?t=104249748300001&r=1&w=2|declare]]
[[http://marc.info/?t=102996950100003&r=1&w=2|all]] [[http://marc.info/?t=102922189400001&r=1&w=2|imported
classes]]!
    * [[http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=103843452413727&w=2|Another answer to a
classloader issue]]

@@ -28, +28 @@

  <<Anchor(Q2)>>'''Why do I get {{{ java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/Filter}}}?'''

- You probably have servlet.jar floating around somewhere it shouldn't be. This really messes
up the classloaders since Tomcat's classloaders don't act quite as normal as one expects (see
links above). servlet.jar should only be found only once in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib.
+ You probably have servlet-api.jar floating around somewhere it shouldn't be. This really
messes up the classloaders since Tomcat's classloaders don't act quite as normal as one expects
(see links above). servlet-api.jar should only be found only once in $CATALINA_HOME/lib.

  <<Anchor(Q3)>>'''Why do I get {{{ java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/InputSource
}}}?'''