tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "GettingStarted" by KonstantinKolinko
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 23:46:33 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "GettingStarted" page has been changed by KonstantinKolinko:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/GettingStarted?action=diff&rev1=16&rev2=17

Comment:
Link to our FAQ.

   * [[http://tomcat.jaxmao.org/appdev/index.html|应用开发人员指南]] Chinese translation
of the Application Developer Guide (warning: it is for Tomcat 5, which is an old and unsupported
version)

  == Useful links ==
-  * HowTo - Some how-tos assembled here
+  * [[HowTo]] &mdash; Some how-tos assembled here
-  * [[http://benhutchison.wordpress.com/2008/07/30/how-to-configure-tomcat-root-context/#comment-336]]
How to make tomcat serve content from www.exampledomain.com instead of www.exampledomain.com/examplewebapp.
Basically, just make a directory inside tomcat's webapps directory called ROOT and your content
will be served to the root domain www.exampledomain.com.
+  * [[HowTo#How_do_I_make_my_web_application_be_the_Tomcat_default_application.3F|How To
/ How do I make my web application be the Tomcat default application?]] &mdash; How to
make tomcat serve content from www.exampledomain.com instead of www.exampledomain.com/examplewebapp.
Basically, just make a directory inside tomcat's webapps directory called ROOT and your content
will be served to the root domain www.exampledomain.com.
   * [[http://bitnami.org/stack/tomcat|BitNami Tomcat Stack]]: Provides an all-in-one installer,
free virtual machines and cloud images for Tomcat.
   * [[http://www.turnkeylinux.org/tomcat|TurnKey Tomcat Appliance]]: Open source installable
Live CD based on Ubuntu. Features minimal footprint, automatic security updates, SSL support
and an elegant Web administration interface.