tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Violeta Georgieva <miles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Offline generation of effective web.xml
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 14:51:44 GMT

> From which git repository? I couldn't find that commit ID in the ASF git
> repo for Tomcat trunk nor the GitHub mirror.

Ok I understood where the missunderstanding is.
That repo (in my github profile) is my own git-to-svn repo and is not a
fork from the one available in github.
Having my own git-to-svn repo I can control when I can do a rebase from svn.

> I have already fixed it on my local machine with git replace to graft
> your changes onto my local fork of the ASF git repo for Tomcat trunk. It
> should be easy to merge in your changes from there.

In order to escape such problems in the future I forked the official Tomcat
git repo in github and applied my changes there.
Here is the new link: https://github.com/violetagg/tomcat.git
Hope this time it will work without issues.

Unfortunately not all tests are passing now on this repo. I have

java.lang.NullPointerException
 at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.ServerContainerImpl.addWsServletMapping(ServerContainerImpl.java:162)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.ServerContainerImpl.publishServer(ServerContainerImpl.java:119)
 at
websocket.echo.WsConfigListener.contextInitialized(WsConfigListener.java:33)

I don't know whether we should discuss it here or to start a new thread
because I think that in

org.apache.tomcat.websocket.ServerContainerImpl.publishServer(Class<?
extends Endpoint> clazz)

We should have the same check for ServletContext availability as in

org.apache.tomcat.websocket.ServerContainerImpl.publishServer(Class<?>
pojo, ServletContext ctxt, String path)

Regards
Violeta