tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Heads up: comments coming to live TC 7 docs
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2012 00:35:54 GMT
2012/12/16 Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de>:
> On 15.12.2012 12:04, Rainer Jung wrote:
>> I plan to add the comments feature later today to the live TC 7 docs.
>
> Done.

Good.

> Mark: I guess yu are one of the moderators of our dev list. Can you
> allow "no-reply@comments.apache.org" to send mail to the dev list? Then
> I'll activate the automatic comments forwarding to the list.

1. Does anyone know other projects that already use such mail-list forwarding?

Quick googling for that "no-reply@comments.a.o" address does not yield
any results besides help pages. I was expecting it to yield something
from the mail archives.

2. Does it forward non-moderated comments as well?

If it does, then I think it would be better to not enable such
forwarding, as it could be used as a gateway for spam.

3. If the comments were forwarded to a public mailing list, one might
have to note this fact on the usage/privacy policy pages, as the
mailing lists are publicly archived.

(Maybe I am overthinking things, as it was not an issue for Bugzilla,
JIRA and Wiki).

4. Personally I logged in and subscribed for the comments. I'll see how it goes.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko