tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: Heads up: comments coming to live TC 7 docs
Date Tue, 25 Dec 2012 17:59:01 GMT
Rainer,

On 12/24/12 7:02 AM, Rainer Jung wrote:

>>> It appears that many, perhaps most, of the doc comments are actually requests
for help that would be better handled on the users' mailing list.  Should we remove this inappropriate
usage?  (I think we should, but others may have a different opinion.)

>> 1. If you feel that it is so inappropriate & offtopic, feel free to
>> remove it immediately.
>>
>> 2. If it is a newbie's question and you want o respond in some polite
>> manner, I think we can keep the comment for a week (or 72 hours as
>> usual at ASF).
>>
>> I think useless comments are to be cleaned up about the time when we
>> prepare the next release (~once a month).
>
> +1 to all of that.

+1 here, too.

Perhaps the "Notice: This is not a Q&A section." notice could be... I
dunno, made larger or something? Maybe another similar notice when the
"post a comment" portion shows where you can actually enter text. How
about the text box for the comment comes pre-filled with a notice that
you have to actually replace?

-chris