tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Burch <br...@pingtoo.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1415184 - in /tomcat/tc7.0.x/trunk: ./ test/org/apache/catalina/authenticator/TestNonLoginAndBasicAuthenticator.java webapps/docs/changelog.xml
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 16:22:03 GMT
On 03/12/12 11:44, Brian Burch wrote:
> On 02/12/12 22:00, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
<snip/>
>> According to Buildbot logs, testBasicLoginSessionTimeout() runs for 2
>> minutes (125 seconds), mainly due to a sleep() call.
>>
>> I wish there were a way to speed up this test.
>>
>> My thoughts
>> a) Maybe use reflection to reduce StandardSession.lastAccessedTime and
>> thisAccessedTime by some fixed amount (60000) instead of waiting for
>> that time to pass.
>
> That would speed up the test... but it sounds like adding a time machine
> to the test class! My feeling is this would add inappropriate logical
> complexity to a test that has always created and destroyed a tomcat
> instance for each test case (there are now 15).
>
> However, I intend to replicate most of the improvements from this test
> class into the other authenticator tests, so I am already apprehensive
> about adding too many 60+ second delays to the entire suite.
>
> Mark and I briefly discussed adding a new protected method for use by
> these timeout tests:
>
> org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.setSessionTimeoutSecs(int secs)

Silly me! Sorry if that left you wondering what I meant. That particular
method already exists, is public, and is called setSessionTimeout.

What I meant to suggest was this:

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.setSessionTimeoutSecs(int timeout)

because it would be much simpler to modify the Context in the test
setUp, rather than each individual Session.

> What do you think?

<snip/>