tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Yursha <yursha...@gmail.com>
Subject What is the destiny of the Apache Tomcat project in view of java is getting more and more proprietary with Oracle?
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 15:20:32 GMT
Dear All,
Could anybody please provide me with some info on the status of Apache
Tomcat development? I can't clear up, what is the attitude of ASF to
java-based projects after all this mess with leaving the JCP EC. Is it
going to continue java language-based projects forever or is there any
formal decision by ASF in this regard? My question arises from the fact
that Apache Tomcat is java-based and therefore have to rely on Oracle java
proprietary APIs. Please say, what I'm missing here?
Thank you very much in advance.
--
Regards,
Alex Yursha